A few days ago, as a result of playing with Node, I have created and published an open source node based library called url-express-crud.
The main library objectives are:
- Quickly expose basic CRUD operations in the application for a concrete model (resource).
- Make it as flexible as possible, enabling clients (developers) to configure it based on their needs and desires (override resource related templates, make route handlers configurable, …).
- Make it support content negotiation.
The main motivation for creating this library was to make it possible to quickly provide basic boilerplate CRUD operations for models (resources) that almost every app needs and all with certain level of flexibility in terms of customization that might be required.
However its important to note that the library is its very early phase and there’s a lots of things still to be implemented…
Just require the library as a dependency in your project’s package.json file:
Than just require it within your project file:
var urlCrud = require('url-express-crud');
And you can start using the library.
In order to help you understand how to use the library I have created a demo application.
The example application’s source code can be found in the separate github repo located here.
I’ve record a short screen-cast of me going though the process of using the library and creating the example application mentioned above. For now in order to provide you with the video pls contact me here, but if you are patient it will be soon uploaded to this blog.
- Checkout out the source code.
- Demo application utilizing url-express-crud library.
- See the library on npm package registry.